Life Science Editors will help you achieve your publishing and funding goals.
We offer two levels of services:
- a Scientific Edit by an Editor (former journal editor, Ph.D.)
- a Language Edit by an Associate Editor (Ph.D.)
We leverage our unique experience reading and handling manuscripts at the top journals to your benefit. We have made hundreds of editorial decisions and know what journal editors and referees are looking for.
We edit first submissions, revisions, rebuttals, responses to reviewers, and cover letters. Our turnaround is generally 4 business days, and our average price is $800-$1000/manuscript (including a 10% introductory discount).
- Highlights the key results.
- Maximizes the impact of the title and abstract to make a strong first impression.
- Rationalizes the work to accentuate impact.
- Ensures the story is complete and the data are sufficient.
- Arranges the flow to improve readability, logic and interest.
- Preempts referee and editor concerns.
- Develops the cover letter to help convince an editor to review the paper.
- Strengthens revisions and rebuttals to fully address issues raised by the editor and referees.
Grant Proposal Editing
We edit grant proposals for all funding bodies. We have extensive experience editing proposals for NSF, NIH (including Research Grants and Program Project/Center Grants), ERC etc. Our turnaround is generally 5 business days, and our average price is $1100-$1700 for a 12-page proposal (including a 10% introductory discount).
- Clarifies and promotes the significance and innovation.
- Accentuates the potential impact both in and outside the field.
- Verifies that the aims support the hypothesis and/or objective of the proposal.
- Develops the aims and ensures the proposed experiments fully address them.
- Ensures predicted outcomes, pitfalls and alternatives are clearly stated.
- Tailors the proposal to the grant call.
Alternatively, we can focus on the readability of your manuscript or grant proposal. Our language edit will simplify sentences, and ensure correct spelling and grammar. This service costs $0.10/word. Turnaround time is 4 business days.
Notes on process:
Your manuscript will be returned with edited changes and comments tracked in Word.
Edits of manuscripts and grants are generally completed within 4 or 5 business days, respectively. Shorter turnarounds (<72 hours) and weekend/bank holiday work are possible (carries a 10% charge). Get in touch