Our mission is to break down barriers that keep scientists from realizing their full potential.
Former journal editor at Science, Science Translational Medicine, and Developmental Cell. Published in Cell, Nature Genetics etc.
Former journal editor at Cell. Published in Molecular Cell, PNAS, NSMB etc.
Former journal editor at Science, PNAS, Nature Structural Biology (now NSMB) and Nature. Published in EMBO J, MCB, Genes & Development etc.
Former journal editor at Nature Structure and Molecular Biology. Published in Genes & Development, Molecular Cell, RNA, NSMB etc.
Former journal editor at Cell Stem Cell. Published in Nature Medicine, Journal of Neuroscience, JBC etc.
Former journal editor at Cell Chemical Biology and Structure. Oversaw chemical biology portfolio at Cell Press, including Trend in Biochemical Sciences, Trends in Biotechnology, Trends in Genetics, and Trends in Pharmacological Sciences. Published in Biochemistry, JMB, JACS etc.
Former journal editor at Cell. Published in PLoS Genetics, J. Neurosci., Developmental Biology etc.
Former Editor-in-Chief Cancer Cell. Published in Science, Oncogene, Cancer Research, MCB, etc.
Founding editor of Trends in Cell Biology. Consultant providing editing services to PLOS Biology. Published in Journal of Cell Biology, Nature, PNAS etc. Wrote pieces for Science, The Lancet, New Scientist etc.
Former journal editor at Nature Structural Molecular Biology and Editor-In-Chief of Cell Reports. Published in Cell, Development, Current Biology, MCB etc.
Former journal editor at Cell‘s Leading Edge (reviews) and Editor-in-Chief of Developmental Cell. Published in Cell.
Former journal editor at Cell. Published in G&D, eLife, Genetics, EMBO Reports, etc.
How can we help you?
Life Science Editors improves scientific communication and empowers the scientist in everyone – everywhere. One of our initiatives is to help scientists succeed by strengthening their writing. What makes us different?
- We are the only team of editors that has worked for the top journals. Having handled hundreds of manuscripts through peer review, we know what journal editors and reviewers are looking for.
- We do not outsource. We communicate directly with you.
- We have published in the top journals – we understand your science.
- We have edited hundreds of manuscripts and grant proposals. We maximize the impact of your submissions, and ensure that they address all the criteria evaluated by reviewers. In both cases, these include why your findings are significant and innovative.
- Our input will increase your chances of publishing and funding by preempting reviewers’ concerns and ensuring that your presentation is clear and convincing.
Thank you, Helen! We have substantially overhauled the paper following your recommendations
Angela made the impossible possible. Thanks to her knowledge and effective communication skills, she put together, from scratch and verbal conversation, a grant application nearly independently. This grant has also been funded at first submission. This experience convinced me that a team approach with Angela is the way forward in submitting grants!
It has been wonderful to work with Brandi. With just a few guidelines from our side, she greatly improved our manuscript in no time. I am looking forward to using Life Science Editors’ services again in the future!
Guy Riddihough was an outstanding editor at Science Magazine. Now, all of his experience is with Life Science Editors. I had an enormously positive experience with Guy in completing our last manuscript for submission. I will be back.