Entrepreneurial Program/Alliance Manager with experience in scientific communication, grant writing, and project management and expertise across neuroscience, genetics and stem cell biology
Science Writer at RA Capital Management, July 2019 – Present
Manager, Stem Cell Program – Stanley Center for Psychiatric Research at the Broad Institute, July 2016 – July 2019
– Scientific Communication: edited/co-wrote scientific papers and cover letters for clarity and high impact, worked with PIs and trainees on research proposals and grants.
– Alliance Management: developed relationships with collaborators to enable clinical sample acquisition and stem cell derivation, and execute collaboration agreements.
– Compliance: Wrote regulatory work products for the Stanley Center Stem Cell Biobank.
– Project management: directed sequencing work-streams and data delivery.
– People management: recruited and mentored staff and trainees.
Deputy Editor, Cell Stem Cell – Cell Press, Jul 2007 – Jun 2016
– Managed peer review and made decisions on research articles published.
– Managed front matter, press releases, and Facebook content.
– Recruited high impact content for submission.
– Organized commercially successful scientific conferences and webinars.
– Executed strategic initiatives to increase stem cell field market share.
– Liaised with marketing and sales team for commercial projects.
Research Assistant Professor – Dr. Howard Federoff, University of Rochester, Aug 2006 – Jun 2007
– Investigated cleavage of adhesion molecules as a mechanism for neurodegeneration in Alzheimer’s disease.
Post-doctoral training – laboratory of Dr. Steve A Goldman, Weill Medical College Cornell University, University of Rochester, Sep 2002 – Jul 2006
– Enhanced breeding protocols to boost experimental songbird model.
– Investigated angiogenesis as an underlying mechanism of adult songbird neurogenesis.
– Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai – Ph.D. in Neuroscience 2002 – Joseph D Buxbaum
– Stockholm University – B.S. Biochemistry 1997
Testosterone-induced matrix metalloproteinase activation is a checkpoint for neuronal addition to the adult songbird brain. Lilliehook C, et al, J Neurosci. 2008 Jan 2;28(1):208-16
Altered Abeta formation and long-term potentiation in a calsenilin knock-out. Lilliehook C, et al, J Neurosci. 2003 Oct 8;23(27):9097-106.
Calsenilin enhances apoptosis by altering endoplasmic reticulum calcium signaling. Lilliehook C, et al, Mol Cell Neurosci. 2002 Apr;19(4):552-9.
Calsenilin: a calcium-binding protein that interacts with the presenilins and regulates the levels of a presenilin fragment. Buxbaum JD, Lilliehook C, et al, Nat Med. 1998 Oct;4(10):1177-81.